Bradford City 1 Barnsley 0

A controversial retaken penalty from Bradford striker Dean Windass was enough to give the home side all three points in this Yorkshire derby.

Windass had his first penalty saved by Nick Colgan but referee Mike Jones ordered him to take it again after deeming that Colgan had moved off his line. The spot-kick had been awarded after 64 minutes when Michael Chopra had handled in the box.

Windass had his first effort easily saved by Colgan low down to his right but the goalkeepers celebrations were cut short when the referee decided that he had moved off his line before the ball had being struck.

The Bradford striker made no mistake with his second attempt, confidently striking the ball into the same corner.

Although perhaps fortunate it was no more than the home side deserved after dominating for long periods.

Windass had missed three glorious first-half chances the first after just five minutes. City's leading scorer was put through by Nicky Summerbee but fired his shot straight at Colgan.

Bradford dominated possession with out creating too many clear cut chances but Windass missed another good chance when he headed over after good work from full-back Wayne Jacobs. The burly striker was then guilty of missing the games best chance when he failed to convert a low cross with the goal at his mercy.

Barnsley was struggling to get any sort of foot hold in the game but could have taken the lead just before the half-time whistle when Barry Conlon had a right-foot volley well saved by home goalkeeper Paul Henderson.

The second half started in much the same fashion as the first with Bradford dominating possession. After the Windass penalty Barnsley's frustration grew as they failed to create any chance of note.

Antony Kay was lucky to stay on the pitch after appearing to throw a punch at Bradford midfielder Tom Kearney.

Bradford managed to hold on to put there embarrassing midweek loss to Accrington Stanley behind them to record their third home win of the season.